Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Cookies of Christmas Past

I love making iced sugar cookies. Period. And mine are so good that my sister avoids all others at Christmas, knowing that they sadly can't compare. This past holiday season I decided to do something a little different for our Christmas Eve party: I made Christmas Dog Cookies to look like our family's pups. Penny and Ulysses are my and my husband's terriers and Rufus is my parents' long-haired mini dachshund. They were a big hit!

I do my cookies a little differently than most bakers because I have never been a fan of the taste or texture of royal icing. But, you know, I want all of the visual appeal. I have test-driven a lot of cookie icing recipes and have finally created one that I'm happy using.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment