Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Robinette Family Reunion

My extended family is far-flung. Though both my mom and dad's families are rooted in Ashland, Kentucky, we've spread out to Ohio, Tennessee, Colorado, and Iowa (and that's just my mom's side). My sister and I were born and raised in Iowa and only saw our aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents when we could afford the 12 hour road trip to Eastern Kentucky. In particular, we'd all gather at Meemaw and Granddad's house on Walter's Hill Drive (my mom's childhood home) and spend Christmases together.

Granddad passed away in 2001 and Meemaw in 2009. She'd been in an assisted living home and then care facility for a number of years, her home sold to extend her finances, so our gathering place had ceased to be. Since then it's become much more rare that we see one another.

We needed someone to make a bigger effort to get us back together! My cousin Todd, who lives with his family in nearby South Point, Ohio, took the lead and helped us establish dates and activities.

The big group shot. We're missing Rob Cochran behind the camera. My cousin John Thompson and his partner Hillarey weren't able to join us during the weekend.

And the labeled version

Pictured:

1)   Bill Martin, Meemaw's brother
2)   Billy Terrell
3)   Nicole Liette Terrell (with baby Ethan in the womb), Billy's wife
4)   Bill Terrell, Carolyn's husband.
5)   Carolyn Robinette Terrell, my mom's older sister. Billy is her youngest son. Todd is her oldest.
6)   Ellen Thompson Cochran
7)   Mark McWhorter, my dad
8)   Barb Robinette McWhorter, my mom
9)   Lynne Garriett Thompson, married to my mom's oldest brother, Gary
10) Gibbs Rounsavall, married to Sara
11) Sara Robinette Rounsavall
12) Sheila Fannin Robinette, married to my mom's older brother John David who passed away in 2008. Sara is her youngest, Scott her oldest.
13) Edith Rounsavall, Sara and Gibb's 1-yr old daughter
14) Brian Bell, Megan's husband
15) Megan McWhorter Bell, my younger sister
16) Gary Thompson, my mom's oldest brother. Ellen is his daughter. His son, John, wasn't able to make the weekend gathering
17) Sharon Sweeney, my mom's cousin through Meemaw's sister Lois
18) Donna Wells, Todd's wife
19) Todd Wells, Carolyn's oldest son
20) Kurt Robinette, Granddad's younger brother
21) Mallory Wells, Todd's youngest daughter
22) Morgan Wells, Todd's oldest daughter
23) Don Clark, Mary Lou's close friend
24) Mary Lou Martin Mackabee, Meemaw's sister
25) Phyllis Martin, Bill's wife
26) Betty Martin Shimfessel, Meemaw's sister
27) Katie McWhorter Schippers, me
28) Kevin Schippers, my husband
29) Tammy Shimfessel, Keith's wife
30) Keith Shimfessel, my mom's cousin through Meemaw's sister Betty
31) Crissy Robinette, married to Scott
32) Cassius Robinette, Scott's son and the only child on Granddad's branch who will be carrying on the Robinette family name (so far?)
33) Scott Robinette

...and Inchworm!


No comments:

Post a Comment